PySol: "global name 'win32_gethomedir' is not defined"

Brian Lenihan brian_l at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 18:32:47 EDT 2002

"Alan Winston" <awinston at scn.org> wrote in message news:<all3u2$qgm$1 at brokaw.wa.com>...
> I've been trying to run the PySol 4.81 pyc files under Python 2.2.1 and
> WinXP and Win98, with no success.
>
> The Python window closes much faster than I can read the error message (is
> there any way to force the window to stay open?), but I managed to catch it
> with the print screen key:
>
> "global name 'win32_gethomedir' is not defined"
>
> PySol 4.60 runs fine, installed with the Windows install package, so this is
> a low priority for me, but I am still curious.

Windows support is incomplete.  Marcus had a disk crash and never
offered a Windows version again.  I suspect he gave up on Windows at
that point no longer even has a Windows box.

I sent him a patch to fix the Windows problems, but I never heard back
from him.  I can email you the fix if you like.

I also patched the soundserver so it can play MP3s too.