Help with Run Script please!

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Oct 9 15:11:17 EDT 2002

"Steve" <steve.cuthbert1 at virgin.net> wrote in message
news:mJ_o9.1949$5u2.142379 at newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net...
> Hi All
>
> New to the group and also to Python. I`ve just installed Python (2.2.1) on
> win 98 setup and when I click on Edit - Run Script I get the message  "The
> buffer for Python shell is not saved please save it first!" so am unable
> run any script I`ve produced, wondered if anyone can tell me how to save
the
> `Python shell buffer` as I can`t find any reference to this.

So you're using IDLE, that being the message you get when you use the Edit |
Run Script menu item. "Python Shell" is the interactive IDLE window, which
you don't normally run.

Try creating a new script window with Edit | New Window (CTRL/N) and
entering a script in it, then choose the File | Save menu item and store it
in an appropriate place on your disk. Then try running the script again,
using Edit | Run Script from the new window's menu bar.

regards
Previous .sig file retired to                    www.homeforoldsigs.com