Reports, PDF, and grid widget for Python?

Cameron Laird claird at
Mon Oct 21 23:59:16 CEST 2002

In article <3db464b8 at>,
Adams-Blake Co. <aremovethiscanton at> wrote:
>> Python installs with Tkinter.  Tkinter provides grid.
>Huh? It does? I must have really missed this in the books I have. I'll have
>to check this out. All my application needs are text boxes, radio buttons,
>check boxes, some entry buttons AND a solid grid that I can put data (and
>other objects) in.
>OK, can you please answer these questions:
>1. Is Tkinter bundled with Python or is it a seperate install on Windows and
>Mac (I'm on Linux and it came installed with Mandrake 8.2.)
Python installs with Tkinter on Windows and MacOS.

Try it.  Do an installation, bring up interactive Python, and
  import Tkinter

Tkinter has a text (a uniquely potent one, in fact), a radio
button, a check box, an entry (what is an "entry button"?).
It builds in a "grid geometry manager".  That might not be
the grid you're expecting, but we can get you from one to the

Cameron Laird <Cameron at>