Reports, PDF, and grid widget for Python?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Oct 21 17:59:16 EDT 2002

In article <3db464b8 at monitor.lanset.com>,
Adams-Blake Co. <aremovethiscanton at adamsremovethis-blake.com> wrote:
			.
>> Python installs with Tkinter.  Tkinter provides grid.
>
>Huh? It does? I must have really missed this in the books I have. I'll have
>to check this out. All my application needs are text boxes, radio buttons,
>check boxes, some entry buttons AND a solid grid that I can put data (and
>other objects) in.
>
>OK, can you please answer these questions:
>
>1. Is Tkinter bundled with Python or is it a seperate install on Windows and
>Mac (I'm on Linux and it came installed with Mandrake 8.2.)
			.
			.
			.
Python installs with Tkinter on Windows and MacOS.

Try it.  Do an installation, bring up interactive Python, and
command
  import Tkinter

Tkinter has a text (a uniquely potent one, in fact), a radio
button, a check box, an entry (what is an "entry button"?).
It builds in a "grid geometry manager".  That might not be
the grid you're expecting, but we can get you from one to the
other.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net