Python and COM events, easy?

Robert Oschler Oschler at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 6 10:54:20 EDT 2002

One of the reasons I frequently used Visual Basic when interfacing with COM
servers is 'events'.  VB made receiving and handling COM events a cakewalk.
C++ on the other hand, even with ATL 3.0, was still a painful situation.

Can Python handle COM events, and more importantly, is it easy?  Or do I
have to go through a lot of hoops when I either create an event sink or have
to change it.

If it is easy, then if someone could give a URL to a 'using Python with COM
and COM events' fast-track doc, I'd appreciate it.

thx