Is there a "reset" in Idle?

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.nospam.org
Tue Oct 22 14:32:25 EDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:13:56 GMT, Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it>
wrote:

:Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:
:        ...
:> If I had any influence in the development of Python as a whole, I'd
:> urge the developers to divert their attention away from sexy new
:> language features and concentrate for a couple of releases on
:> addressing shotcomings that shag the IDEs.
:
:I don't think there are any.  As long as the IDE runs the Python
:application being debugged in a separate process (a pretty obvious
:need -- pity that neither IDLE nor PythonWin do that),

The current development version of idle (see idlefork.sourceforge.net)
does run the application in a separate process.

Mats Wichmann