HTMLgen replacment module

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Thu Oct 31 14:23:12 EST 2002

"Nicholas Yue" <nicholas.y at NOSPAM.immersivetechnologies.com> schreef in
bericht news:3dc0f443$0$4714 at echo-01.iinet.net.au...
> Hi,
>
>     I am running WindowsXP Pro.
>
>     I am having difficulty installing the HTMLgen module with
ActiveState's
> Python 2.2.
>
>     The installation in HTMLgen is looking for gmake, I have installed
> cygwin but still no luck.
>
>     Given that the last update of HTMLgen is 1998, is there any update or
> replacement package?
>
>     I am looking for an HTML generation package.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Nicholas Yue

I am using the same combination here (Windows XP pro, Activestate's Python
2.2, build 222 and HTMLgen). I copied the HTMLgen directory from another
machine (Windows98 SE, same Python), added a .pth file in C:\Python22 and it
runs without problems. As far as I know HTMLgen does not do anything exotic,
like accessing registers or requiring compiled modules, so a straightforward
file copy ws sufficient. I did not try a "clean" install from the original
HTMLgen package.

regards Gerrit

--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/