ingres - python possible?

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Wed Oct 9 01:27:47 EDT 2002

* eugene kim <eugene1977 at hotmail.com> [2002-10-09 12:12 +0000]:
> hi..
> i was planning to use python for my project
> (db is ingres, it's fixed..--)
> i failed googling for driver for ingres..

The #1 place to go is http://www.python.org/topics/database/modules.html

which has a link for an (old) Ingres interface.

Another, possibly better option would be to use mxODBC (hell, if they
can use age-old legacy software, they can pay for mxODBC as well :-)),
provided there's an ODBC driver for Ingres.

mxODBC is very stable, which the very old, unsupported Python interface
is possibly not. Worse, if there are any problems with it, you'll
probably have to fix them yourself.

-- Gerhard