Python/Tkinter on MAC OS X Aqua (not X11)

Brian Lenihan brian_l at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 02:41:43 EDT 2002

grahamd at dscpl.com.au (Graham Dumpleton) wrote in message news:<dc6f5c99.0210062055.60469a3f at posting.google.com>...
> Is anyone successfully using Python/Tkinter on MAC OS X 10.2.1 with
> native
> Aqua GUI interface (ie. not X11).

I was, but I swiched to 8.4.0 as soon as it came out due to some path
problems on OS X in 8.4a4.

I'm now using 2.3 from CVS with Tcl/Tk 8.4.0 built from source.
I believe Tony Lownds has pre-built .dmgs on his site:
http://tony.lownds.com/  (the site is unavailble at the moment).

I started getting the same SetFrontProcess failed,-606 error after I
upgraded to 10.2.1, but only when launching scripts from the terminal,
not when scripts are launched with pythonw or the PythonIDE.

pythonw is a shell script which does not seem to be getting installed
by 2.3, but it is in Mac/OSX:

---------
#!/bin/sh
exec /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/python
"$@"

Watch out for line wrapping.  This should be two lines.