Concrete classes -- stylistic question

Michael Hudson mwh at
Fri Oct 11 12:44:15 CEST 2002

Alex Martelli <aleax at> writes:

> Aahz wrote:
> > In article <lkk7kq5i38.fsf at>,
> > Michael Hudson  <mwh at> wrote:
> >>
> >>Not sure it's useful, but it was fun :)
> >
> > You're sick.  Go sit over by the Martellibot.
> Not sure I'm all that happy to sit near somebody who's
> busy implementing such systematic typechecking...!!!-)

The only reason I did that was because you had to write *something* on
the right hand side of "attr = " (really! and because I wondered how
easy it would be).

Your example[0] using defaults is nicer.

[0] I don't know how I failed to find that; I was sure I'd seen
    something like what I was doing before. I tried hunting around on
    google, but didn't see it.

  > With Python you can start a thread, but you can't stop it.  Sorry.
  > You'll have to wait until reaches the end of execution.
  So, just the same as, then?
                       -- Cliff Wells & Steve Holden, comp.lang.python