Should I SWIG TAPI.h to utilise TAPI in Win32

Alistair Campbell campbells4 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Oct 15 08:05:35 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am thinking about writing a simple telephony app in a Win environment. I
am aware that I could use Makepy to wrap a commercial TAPI.ocx but, apart
from the fact that I would have to buy the ActiveX and so why not do the
thing in VB anyway?, I wonder if I might be better wrapping the TAPI header.
I have a copy of TAPI.h and the SWIG documentation suggests that it is
reasonable and possible to process a header file.

Is there anyone out there who might know whether I am opening up a major can
of worms? Or, does it sound like a reasonable(possible?) strategy for
accessing the tapi32.dll directly in this way?

Thanks in advance.

Alistair Campbell
Brisbane, Australia