Practical debugging, Win32 python threads... Advice?

Randy Young randall_young at
Thu Oct 17 14:26:24 CEST 2002

I'm wrestling with debugging a very complex Python Win32 application,
that makes extensive use of threads, and win32 "mutexs" in one of it's
main services.

Does anyone have any recommendation(s) on how best to debug this
application? It's so darn complicated, my head swims just looking at
the source code!?!

I purchased Komodo to take a look at ActiveState's new technology, and
it's great, but I don't see a lot of additional sophistication in the

Thanks for the consideration, of your kind reply.