Need help porting Prevayler (Java) to Python

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at bluewin.ch
Wed Oct 2 14:37:56 EDT 2002

"Patrick K. O'Brien" <pobrien at orbtech.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:upm60oqv5gupe6 at corp.supernews.com...
> Prevayler is an interesting object persistence system written in Java that
> I'd like to see ported to Python. The system is simple, and the code is
only
> a couple of hundred lines, so this should be relatively easy to do. I'm
> looking for people with good Java skills to help create a similar system
in
> Python. Anyone interested?
>
> Details about Prevayler can be found at the following locations.

I have briefly looked at the code, it should be easy to do a straightforward
port.

If I'm correct:
- you need to be able to keep all your data in memory
- disk usage [1] is data snapshot size + commands sequence between snapshots
- it seems that commands should be executed sequentially
- in order to keep [1] under control, you need to take snapshots, snapshots'
cost is proportional to data in memory,
 and while you are taking a snapshot you can't do anything else.

What kind of applications have you in mind?

regards.