GUI problem

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Tue Oct 8 18:23:02 EDT 2002

Sure, http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/ -- but...:

> need is some very simple 2D graphic. does anyone of you know of a gd

...why use a such a complex, 3-D graphic library for that?  I think Tkinter
or PyQt will be better for your purposes.

> book that I can use? this is gonna be my first python program. if u
> know any gd python book, python graphic book that would be great.

Rempt's "GUI Programming with Python: QT Edition" is reasonably
tutorial and freely available at http://www.opendocspublishing.com/pyqt/ --
but you should still learn some Python apart from any GUI issues before
you tackle GUIs, IMHO.

Start with "MasterMind" implemented with a text-only interface (that's
quite easy given the kind of input and output you need, after all), and
only then start worrying about GUIs -- that's my advice.

Alex