Encryption

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Sat Oct 19 15:32:41 EDT 2002

dirk.lannatewitz at web.de (Dirk Lannatewitz) writes:
> I'm searching for one or mor modules, thats enables:
> DES (mode: ECB and CBC)
> Hashfunktions (MD-5 und SHA-1) and
> RSA.
>
> I found pycrypto at sourceforge.net, but I'm unable to compile it.
>
> Somebody here knows a Module that I can download and use without to compile?

MD5 and SHA-1 are included in the standard distribution: just say
"import md5" or "import sha".

There are lots of different DES modules.  See the Vaults of Parnassus
for a few.  I think mxCrypto has it, for example.

For RSA, you can use an OpenSSL interface module.  There are a few of
those too.  That gives you a full featured implementation complete
with X509 certificates etc.  If you just want basic RSA, writing it
in Python is pretty simple.