No tabs in post PLEASE!!! (was Re: partial list sort)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Oct 10 10:09:30 EDT 2002

    >> Tabs are bad for Usenet posting...

Tim Peters used to thrash me soundly about the head and shoulders for this
on occasion.  I eventually came up with a simple solution for my mailer.  On
the outside chance there are other people out there who use VM inside
X/Emacs, here's the magic incantation necessary to have all your outgoing
email distabulated:

    (defun untab-buffer ()
      (untabify (point-min) (point-max)))

    (add-hook 'mail-send-hook 'untab-buffer)

(I know I could do it with a lambda, but I don't like lambda...)

Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com
"Airplanes don't fly until the paperwork equals the weight of the
aircraft. Same with i18N." - from the "Perl, Unicode and i18N FAQ"