Report writer for Python?

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Thu Oct 17 20:04:54 EDT 2002

Andy Robinson wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:39:15 -0700, "Adams-Blake Co."
> <aremovethiscanton at adamsremovethis-blake.com> wrote:
>
> >Besides reportlab.com, what other reporting tools are availabe? I'm
> >especially interested in a GUI-like report writer like Crystal that can
> >generate printed reports. I want to do an application in Python but it has
> >some 40 reports.
> >
> >There are some tools for Java, so I thought there must be some for
> >Python.... but I have not found any via Google searching
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Al
> >

> I do not know of any GUI report creation tools in Python.
> If they did, I'd hope they'd be front ends for us, as making PDF is
> a better cross-platform solution than driving a printer.  I'd LOVE
> to write one in wxPython but haven't the time....

Rekall, which is not free software, includes a GUI report writer and is
definitely scriptable in Python - see
http://www.thekompany.com/products/rekall/

Kugar, which is now part of KOffice and is free, is scriptable in
Python,
I think, but doesn't have a GUI? See
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/kugar/

Neither of these are written in Python, of course.

Tim C