recommended approach to web services?

Harry George hgg9140 at seanet.com
Mon Oct 21 19:18:26 EDT 2002

I'm surrounded by .NET and J2EE people who add a new acronym and a new
web protocol every other week.  Is there a best-of-breed set of tools
for j2ee-compatible services done in python?  A community I should
join to help make that happen?

I'd personally do fine with cgi's, xmlrpc, and an occassional
relax-ng, but I gotta live with wdsl, soap, xschema, etc.  I've been
looking at soap.py, soapy, ZSI, 4Suite, wdsllib.py, gsoap (maybe a
SWIG wrapper?), gnome's libxml2, WebWare, SkunkWeb.  Plus specs from
W3C.  I've also looked at java implementations which seem to include
gotchas like "BTW, this open source package relies on closed source or
RAND underlying libraries.".

--
Harry George
hgg9140 at seanet.com