Python-mysql: Still stuck.

mongo57a at comcast.net mongo57a at comcast.net
Thu Oct 10 01:23:40 EDT 2002

Well, after pulling nearly all of my hair out, I finally have the answer:
The build process must use internal python directives which reference
"python" and not "python2.2" or whatever version you have installed. So I
have python1.5, 2, and 2.2 installed on my RH7.3 system. But "python" is a
cp of "python1.5".

And it does not matter that you build with the correct version (i.e.
python2.2 setup.py build).

So the trick is to rename your current distribution (in my case "python2.2"
a.k.a "python2.2.1") to "python". And it all comes together.

Thanks for all of your help.
Regards,

Andy