help

Lee Harr missive at frontiernet.net
Mon Oct 7 18:26:35 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1033980013.7885.python-list at python.org>,
James Whithear wrote:
> I am searching a list for one or the elements in the list and wanted to know
> if there is a faster way then using the IN operator?
> Thanks James

1) using a more descriptive subject, ie "fast list search using in?"
    will bring more responses and probably responses from people
    who really know what they are talking about.

2) giving a description of what it is you want to accomplish will
    often give these people enough information to suggest a totally
    different way to do what you want to do (and do it much faster)