future of python vs java?

Mylene Reiners mylene.reiners at cmg.com
Wed Oct 2 06:45:43 EDT 2002

Alex et al,

Yau definitely have a point here. But aren't you afraid that "Python",
"Jython" and "Nython" (whatever) will grow in different directions?
I mean, in Java as well as in Python I wrote programs / classes that existed
already, just because I didn't know they existed (my fault undoubtedly, but
because of the huge existing native and non-native libraries understandable
I guess).

Imagine: an existing Nython class written again in "core" Python because the
existence was not known...

How about that?

Mylene