Looking for a "stand alone" database

Adams-Blake Co. aremovethiscanton at adamsremovethis-blake.com
Thu Oct 17 21:03:26 EDT 2002

MySQL and Postgre are good, but they are overkill for my application. What
I need is something like MS Access... somthing that will handle basic SQL
joins and something that is easy for the user to install. MySQL goes in as
a "service" and most customers will never be able to get it installed...
and I don't know of an installer that would do it in Windows, Linux, and
Mac OS X.

If I had background, I'd see about trying to use XML as a file system, but
that may be more work than I want to take on.

Anyone know of a small "bare bones" file system that will let me use SQL
statements to return groups of records.... in Jython?

Thanks,

Al