recursive import

Petr Klyushkin petrk at pochtamt.ru
Sat Oct 19 06:27:24 EDT 2002

Hello!

I have a question on a strange Python (v2.2.1) behavior when importing
modules recursively.  Let me have a package "p" which has 3 modules:
m1, m2, m3, which import each other in following order:

  m1 --> m2 --> m3
         ^      |
         +------+

And some script which imports p.m1.  If m1, m2, m3 import each other
by means of operator

  import p.mN

All works Ok, else, if they import each other by means of operator

  from p import mN

An ImportError exception is raised.  What's wrong here?

--
                                                             C'ya, Peter.
       --=[petrk at pochtamt.ru]=--=[http://petrk.pochtamt.ru]=--