Python's driving me mad. Invalid token?

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Mon Oct 21 11:38:51 EDT 2002

On Friday 18 October 2002 08:37, Jim wrote:
> Today I installed Python 2.2.2. I wrote a short script that backs up
> project files, and I'm getting a weird error that I've never gotten
> before. I have spent hours trying to figure this out - can anyone
> help?
> My code:
[all code deleted]

> Any idea at all on what this means?
Yes:
1. Use full featured editor with syntax highlighting. I recommend GVIM or
better Emacs/XEmacs. Then your figuring out on the problems like this will be
compressed into few seconds or even less.
2. Run this code with any other version of Python interpreter and see that it
does not work too.

--
Regards, Bogdan

Unix is the answer, but only if you phrase the question very carefully.
                -- Belinda Asbell