Another Python and Apache question

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Thu Oct 10 13:36:57 EDT 2002

"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:slrnaqbers.19u.gerhard.haering at lilith.my-fqdn.de...
> dsavitsk wrote in comp.lang.python:
> > [broken Outlok express quoting snipped]

apologies

> >> Which problem are you trying to solve, anyway?
> >
> > I was actually thinking of writing a mod_vb or mod_com to use some vb
dlls.

> If in the end you want to use the VB AciveX DLLs from Python, you can
> just install mod_python and the win32 extensions on Windows, then just
> use those DLLs using the win32com package.

Yes and no.  In the end I want to use ActiveX Dlls from Apache, and thought
that interfacing w/ the api might be easiest in Python as it is what I know
best.  I figured I could use Py2exe to build an installable module and hide
the Python from potential VB'ers. ... if i could convince just one person to
not use iis it would all be worth it :-) anyway, there was a vb cgi module
back in vb4 days, but since then it just isn't done.

-d