Python GUI app to impress the boss?

Rob Hall bloke at ii.net
Tue Sep 17 21:17:01 EDT 2002

> Well, our shop is win32 only, but on a personal level I'd like to be more
> flexible (I mostly use Linux at home).  Isn't Tk still considered the
> "official" GUI lib?
>
> For a newbie, what's easier, Tk or wxWindows?

Yes, tkinter is the official one, but many believe it should be wxPython
(www.wxpython.org) .  wxPython is an extremely good x-platform
implementation.  It is fast, with a native look and feel.

wxpython also has some good ide packages.  Boa is pretty good.
PythonCardPrototype is also very good.

If you use rational rose, I've started work on a python implementation.  It
will also work with visual modeller.

Rob