win32comext problem w/adsi

Klaatu klaatu at nospam.invalid
Fri Sep 20 20:18:56 CEST 2002

Python 2.2.1, win32comext (win32all) 148, Windows 2000 SP3

I've installed the Win32 Extensions to Python from which states
that the 148 version is for Python 2.2. I also have Python 2.2.1 from

I'm just trying to run stored in (on my system) "D:\Python22\Lib
\site-packages\win32comext\adsi". Executing

from the command line gives me a dialog stating that "The dynamic link
library pythoncom21.dll could not be found in the specified path...",
followed by this traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 5, in ?
    from win32com.adsi import *
  File "D:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32comext\adsi\", line
25, in
    from adsi import *

The string "pythoncom21.dll" is only found within one file: adsi.pyd in
that same folder. The DLL does not exist on my system. I do have a
pythoncom22.dll in my system32 folder.

Is this a problem with the Win32 Extensions package that the author of
the package will have to fix? Or is there something I can do to fix this
problem, given my fairly limited knowledge of Python. Any other