revenge of the python puzzle

David Eppstein eppstein at
Thu Sep 26 08:00:36 CEST 2002

In article <mailman.1033015653.17801.python-list at>,
 Michal Wallace <sabren at> wrote:

> Okay, so you guys think you're so smart. Try this one!  No
> contest this time, I've learned my lesson.  (I suppose if
> someone really wants some free hosting bad enough to solve
> this puzzle, you could talk me into it, but I'm just posting
> this for revenge... Um, I mean "fun".)

I'm not going to spoil this, just point out that my cryptogram applet (sorry, not written in
Python, but Java source available) solves this really easily.  You'd
have to make it a lot shorter or a lot less like English to make it
difficult...  of course to a human the keywords in the lines with colons
are dead giveaways...

David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at