Whats the Difference between Windows XP and Windows 98....

Ross Waldron rwaldron at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 26 18:20:48 EDT 2002

If the SLP200 is connected via a serial (COM) port it may be to do
with the COM port settings under Windows 98. Make sure the COM port
settings are:

Bits per second:          9600
Data bits:                   8
Parity:                   None
Stop bits:                   1
Flow Control          Xon/Xoff

"Use FIFO buffering" should be enabled

If you are connected via USB, then it may be the difference between
the "dodgy" USB drivers in Win98 and the better USB drivers in XP. Try
updating your USB drivers for Win98.

Regards
Ross Waldron