Trouble upgrading to 2.2.1

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Tue Sep 10 13:09:02 EDT 2002

Robert Oschler wrote in comp.lang.python:
> "Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Robert Oschler wrote in comp.lang.python:
>> > I'm trying to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.2.1.  I'm using kpackage (KDE's
> rpm
^^

Your newsreader is broken. Please fix it or use something better than
this crapware to post to usenet.

>> > wrapper).
>>
>> You should install the OpenSSL libraries in order to fulfill these
>> dependencies. If you do have the OpenSSL libraries installed, but
>> the libcrypto or libssl version numbers are different on your
>> machine, you can try to provide the necessary symlinks so rpm will
>> shut up.
>
> I have 0.9.6b-34 of OpenSLL installed.  Is this the wrong version or
> do I have a different problem?

I have no idea which Linux distribution you're using or which
libraries your package installs. To fulfill the dependencies, I'd do
this on my box (as root):

$ ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2

The version number might be different from 0.9.6 on your box, check
with ...

$ ls -al /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.* /usr/lib/libssl.so.*

... and adjust accordingly if needed.

Ditto for libssl.

HTH,

-- Gerhard