Problem compiling Secret Labs RexExp module in pyamazon package

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Sep 2 01:59:20 EDT 2002

"Robert Oschler" <Oschler at earthlink.net> writes:

> I'm not looking for anyone to give me a source code correction.  What I
> would like is to know how to do one of the following:  contact the makers of
> xml.dom or Secret Labs and report this?  Learn if this is a known problem
> due to some Python configuration issue that I need to follow up on.  Etc.
> In other words what I should generally do to hunt this down and fix it?

Posting to this group is a good starting point. I'm surprised you are
getting such an error. If I do

Python 2.1.3 (#2, Aug 27 2002, 09:38:37)
[GCC 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)] on linux2
>>> import re
>>> re.compile("&#(/d+);")
<SRE_Pattern object at 0x8188e28>

it works fine for me, on Python 2.1.3. Are you saying that this fails
for you? Could you try Python 2.1.3?

Regards,
Martin