Bind threads to addresses -- Windows & urllib?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net
Wed Sep 4 13:40:45 EDT 2002

Nick Arnett wrote:
> I can't see an obvious easy way to bind threads to IP addresses on a
> Win2K machine.  I have a multi-threaded Web spider, which uses urllib to
> retrieve pages, and would like to bind each thread to a different address
> on the machine, if possible.

I'm not sure what you mean. This is a multithreaded HTTP client app, right?
Do you have multiple network connections and want to use more than one?

If yes, then that's an issue of configuring the routing on your computer
appropriately (if that is at all possible, I doubt it's easy).

I'd also be surprised if you could saturate a 100 MBit link with a HTTP
spider.

-- Gerhard