M$SQL connections from linux

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Mon Sep 23 11:39:35 EDT 2002

Mark> In article <1032528860.599940 at news.etel.ru>, black at flamingo.ru
Mark> (Vasiliy A.
Mark> Chernoivan) wrote:

>> Hello all Is there some module for python which performs the task?
>> Is it possible at allto access data under M$SQL from linux machine?

Mark> Not used it myself, but mxODBC should do the job:

Mark> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html

Or this:

        http://object-craft.com.au/projects/sybase/

Compile with the latest FreeTDS from CVS (not 0.53)

        http://object-craft.com.au/projects/sybase/sybase/node5.html

You may have a small problem with 0.35pre1 and FreeTDS in which case
you should try this version of Sybase.py until I make a new release
(in a week or so):

        http://object-craft.com.au/pipermail/python-sybase/2002-September/000059.html

- Dave

--