Source code

Terje Johan Abrahamsen spoermeg at voldelig.com
Tue Sep 17 19:33:37 EDT 2002

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote in message
news:m3admizdzq.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de...
> Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> writes:
>
> > You should perhaps reconsider if and why you need to hide your source
> > code.
>
> You should also recognize that, if your computer can execute and
> perform a certain algorithm, users can always observe simulate the
> computer operations, thus breaking any protection scheme.
>
> You'll have to give your customers a sealed computer and no permission
> to install additional software, or communicate with the internet, if
> you want to reliably prevent them from analysing your program.

I guess that will be a little overkill. I am not writing military software
or software that has uniqe algoritms. I just want to make sure that if
someone is going to steal my program to sell it themselves, that they have
to actually write the code. Not only get mine, remove the copyrights, fill
in what they want and sell it away. If Py2Exe stores the source in pretty
much open for reading, I need to use another way of protecting it. But, the
programs will be availiable for download, and will be possibly to copy. I
just want to make it a little harder.