general thoughts

Lee Gray lee100 at sport.rr.com
Fri Sep 20 08:14:00 EDT 2002

Benjamin wrote:

> the problem, in one word: coding. but now i don't know
> what to programm. sounds weird, doesn't it? :) what
> should i program??

A friend and I joked for years that we were going to learn C, but just
couldn't get into it... because we didn't have a project or problem to
solve with it!  Although I never learned C, I finally did learn to program,
and have often found myself in a short slump simply because I didn't have a
project at the time.

You need a problem to solve, or as the saying goes, "an itch to scratch".
If you have that, and you enjoy using the language, you will find that fun
again.

Lee