Use glob not re for regexp?

Erik Price erikprice at mac.com
Thu Sep 12 00:22:23 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 08:02  PM, Robert Oschler wrote:

> I saw a post where someone said to use glob not re for regular
> expressions?
> Is this true and if so why?  I use Secret Labs regexp package.

Filename globbing syntax is completely different from regular
expression syntax.  In some cases, generally when dealing with
filenames, it is more familiar to some people (particularly Unix folk
or shell programmers).  But in general regular expressions provide far
more control and precision over your patterns and matches.

So, use whichever one you want.

Erik

--
Erik Price                                                  (zombies
roam)

email: erikprice at mac.com
jabber: erikprice at jabber.org