Python GUI app to impress the boss?

Alan James Salmoni salmonia.nospam.please at
Wed Sep 18 14:07:29 CEST 2002

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but I've
written an application for statistical analysis (the scientific kind)
which is available for download from
(screenshots are available too). It's GPL'd, but rather new so there are
still some rough edges. The GUI was written using wxPython (absolutely
fantastic IMHO - the learning curve is a bit steep to begin with, but
shallows extremely quickly). Features:

* A spreadsheet like grid for data entry/display
* A html display window for the output of the analysis and the online
help pages
* Custom dialog boxes for each set of analyses
* Standard dialogs (file open/save and font choser)
* The GUI took a few weeks to write part-time and that was from scratch
while learning wxPython. And I'm a psychologist, not a programmer, which
means you will probably be up to speed in much less time ;).
* A windows installer containing all the required program (ie, non-icon
or help) files for a Windows box in one file (using the McMillan installer)
* Cross-platform capability - Windows, Linux and OSX (the OSX wasn't
even planned - it just happened to work!)

Have fun!