design question

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Thu Sep 26 13:28:10 EDT 2002

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:56:05 -0500, "Mark McEahern"
<marklists at mceahern.com> wrote:

>[Gonçalo Rodrigues]
>> I know I am being a little vague in my question, but does anyone have
>> any ideas? Open-source code where this "same problem" has been tackled?
>
>Have you considered metaclasses?  Do you need a concrete Wrapper for each
>class?  Why not a generic wrapper that wraps any given class?

Well, I have thought that somewhere further down the way some (though
not all) of the wrapping code could be factored out in some kind of
metaclass, and then I would just set __metaclass__ at module level. But
since I am still at the entrance, I am kinda polling for ideas.

Assuming that my description of the problem is enough, how would you go
about writing a metaclass as a general wrapper?

>// m

All the best,
Gonçalo Rodrigues