How to get memory usage on Windows?

Wolfgang Strobl ws at mystrobl.de
Sun Sep 22 22:33:31 CEST 2002

"GerritM" <gmuller at worldonline.nl>:

>"Wolfgang Strobl" <ws at mystrobl.de> schreef in bericht
>news:f51sou8o4j9pkilhc3g6jevkqmkk7jr3pl at 4ax.com...
>> "GerritM" <gmuller at worldonline.nl>:
>>
>> >Searching in books , documentation (a.o. win32api) and net did not yet
>help
>> >I found this article on the net:
>> >http://www.developeriq.com/Magazinestories/02jul29memory.php3
>> >but how to call this function from Python?
>>
>> I guess thanks to Mark Hammond you already have everything you need.
>>
>> Have a look at  \Python22\Lib\site-packages\win32\Lib\win32pdhutil.py,
>> uncomment the test function, run it.
>>
>> I snarfed the  following snippet straight from win32pdhutil.py:
><...snip...>
>> --
>> Wir danken für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsbestimmungen
>
>Wolfgang,
>
>thanks. I think this will work only on NT. Here at home I have "only"
>windows98, which gives the following message:
>"RuntimeError: The pdh.dll entry point functions could not be loaded."

Well, I haven't used windows 98 anymore for years, but I guess you're
right.

>I will have to try this at work, on a windows2000 machine.

That's what I'd do.

Another option would be using calldll
(see http://www.nightmare.com/software.html). This is more dangerous,
but will most probably work on any win32 system.

--
Wir danken für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsbestimmungen