minimizing Tk programs to the taskbar

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Sep 18 09:25:05 EDT 2002

In article <Vz_h9.126208$pX1.4528221 at news2.tin.it>,
Alex Martelli  <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
>Richard Tardif wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to minimize programs to the taskbar? I'm talking about
>> windows here. By taskbar I mean the area down in the bottom right
>> corner, near the clock, that shows icons for what proggies you've got
>> running. Thanks for any help.
>
>I don't think Tkinter offers such an intrinsically non-cross-platform
>functionality. I suspect therefore that you'd need to work this part
>through the win32all add-ons, win32gui.Shell_NotifyIcon &tc.
			.
			.
			.
?  Alex and Richard, I think you'll want to experiment with
  root = Tkinter.Tk()
  Tkinter.Wm.iconify(root)

Alex' intuition that a lot of the operations people say they
want are platform- or window-manager-specific is certainly
apt.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net