Python GUI app to impress the boss?

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Wed Sep 18 17:54:01 EDT 2002

"Gray, Lee P." <lpgray at UOP.com> wrote in
news:mailman.1032381445.13579.python-list at python.org:
>> Boa is in fact quite a bit alpha-ish, but after you're
>> used to the quirks and limitations, it is really great.
>> Also note that you should use the version from CVS
>> which is *far* more developed than the downloadable.
>
> Yeah, I tried to download from CVS, but being a complete noob
> couldn't figure out how, short of tracking down and copying and pasting
> every updated file.  Any tips would be appreciated.

you're on windows right? then grab http://tortoisecvs.sf.net and install
the latest version. after that right click on an empty folder in the
windows explorer and select "cvs checkout", copy and paste the "CVSROOT" in
the dialog. you can find the cvsroot, or at least how it looks like on the
"browse cvs" page that you have apparently found.

the home of cvs is http://www.cvshome.org and these are interesting sites:
http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs-index.html, http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/

chris

--