Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Ben Gerblich benji_75 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:15:39 EDT 2002

Hi All,

My code has just started crashing. I get the message:

Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
Aborted (core dumped)

Is there a way to turn on debug mode or something that will allow me to see
where/why my app is crashing. "python2 -d main.py" does not shed any light.

It seems as though the app crashes because of threads. I have found parts of
my code that when commented out, the app does not crash. BUT, if i leave
this code in, and put some 'print' statements above it, then just (eg)3 out
of the 10 prints will execute before the app crashes.

Thanks, Ben.
Im using:
Red Hat Linux 7.1
python2-2.1-5.i386.rpm