Paradox table

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman.ddts.net
Thu Sep 12 10:35:32 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 03:14:30PM +0200, A wrote:
| Hi,
|  Is there a module for reading Paradox database (.DB) files with Python?
| I need to run the script under Linux, so I can not use ODBC.
| Any suggestion would be appreciated

One way to access the data is to export it from paradox in CSV format.
CSV is an open standard and several (python) parsers exist for it.
However, using this method won't allow you to easily access the data
from both paradox and from your script, instead you would need to
re-export it every time you modified it in paradox and you would not
be able to modify it using your script.  If you can, it would probably
be easiest to migrate to a different db such as postgresql.  Postgres
databases are much more accessible than paradox is (at least with the
paradox version I've seen, 3.5).

-D

--
Dishonest money dwindles away,
but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/