[ANN] CherryPy-0.6 released (SSL support)
remi at cherrypy.org
Mon Sep 2 13:40:06 EDT 2002
We're pleased to announce the release of CherryPy-0.6.
This release adds SSL support to CherryPy (based on PyOpenSSL).
Many thanks to Martin Sjögren for his PyOpenSSL package and to Mark Wormgoor
for his contribution to the CherryPy SSL code.
CherryPy is a Python-based tool for developing dynamic websites. It
uses many powerful concepts together, which makes it unique in its
approach to website development.
CherryPy sits between an application server and a compiler. You write
source files, compile them with CherryPy and CherryPy generates an
executable containing everything to run the website (including an HTTP
Key properties/features of CherryPy are:
- Based exclusively on Python (runs everywhere Python runs)
- Delivers fast, robust, and scalable websites
- Developers can use OOP as well as AOP (Aspect Oriented
Programming) concepts to develop websites
- True separation of content and presentation
- Simple but powerful templating language
- "HTML editor safe" templating language (templates can go back and
forth between designers and developers)
- Powerful standard libraries to make your life easy
Other properties/features are:
- Can be linked to many databases (Oracle, Sybase, MySql,
- Can run behind another webserver (Apache, ...)
- Easy clustering and load-balancing set up for high-traffic
- Built-in caching capability
- SSL support
More information about the Python-list