How to access XML passed from an XForm

Paul Boddie paul at
Fri Sep 20 17:51:15 CEST 2002

Jeremy Rew <huxley1 at> wrote in message news:<mailman.1032506367.3820.python-list at>...
> I have an XForm that passes a serialised XML document to a URI ( a python
> script). Im not exactly sure of the internal representation of what it
> sends, but I am having trouble just finding out how to access the XML from
> within the python script.  I just need to know if theres a way to store the
> XML in a string or find out where I can access it from, as I already know
> how to process/manipulate the XML once I can get at it. Any ideas (Im
> rather new to python)?

I imagine that what you want to know is documented here:

I suspect that you can handle the incoming data in a similar way to
HTML form "file upload" information, but at the most basic level,
you're most likely to be getting a generic HTTP request with certain
parts of the message body containing the information you require. I
wonder if some of the work around this hasn't already been done in
certain XML-RPC or SOAP implementations...