Why it is so dramatical?

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Mon Sep 2 12:28:58 CEST 2002

On Monday 02 September 2002 11:57, Duncan Booth wrote:
> None of this is specific to Python, the same issues arise in almost any
> programming language (although not always the same solutions).
Almost... Keep in mind, that here is the range 0-0xffffff, what is quite
bigger that 0-0xfff:

$b = '';
for $a (0..0xffffff) {
    $b += $data;

Since time() always show me zero, I've used UNIX time command:
*bo at oberon:(~/work/spike/benchmarks) time perl str_vs_list.pl

real    0m8.734s
user    0m8.710s
sys     0m0.010s

As you see, adding string to the string isn't a huge problem for Perl as for Python.
What's "wrong" with Perl?

Regards, Bogdan

Un*x admins know what they are doing by definition.
	-- Bernd Petrovitsch