continued rresvport trouble on solaris

Dan Stromberg strombrg at tesuji.nac.uci.edu
Wed Sep 18 18:03:37 EDT 2002

Thanks very much for the modified function that works on linux and
windows.  I'm still having trouble on solaris 8, unfortunately.
Everything works fine with 2.1.2, but with 2.2.1, no rresvport
function I've tried has worked.  I'm beginning to think I should go
back to extending the python socket module to expose the C rresvport
function, but I'm not convinced that will work either, really.

Does anyone have suggestions?  Is anyone else having trouble binding
sockets on Solaris from python?

--
Dan Stromberg                                               UCI/NACS/DCS