How to avoid freeing memory on exit?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Sep 3 09:04:31 EDT 2002

I've got a program which builds a very complex data structure consisting
of about 200,000 objects.  When the program exits, the top-level object
goes out of scope, and the interpreter grovels about for a long time
freeing up the individual elements of the data structure.  This takes a
while.

Is there any way to get the interpreter to just exit without doing all
that memory cleanup?  Once the results have been printed, I don't care
if memory is kept in a consistant state, since the very next thing I'm
going to do is blow away the process.