CGI question

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Sep 17 17:16:16 EDT 2002

Ian Bicking wrote:

> BTW, I wouldn't recommend doing it this way.  If you have a cgi script
> at, say, /page.py, you can access URLs like /page.py/path/to/something
> -- "/path/to/something" will be stored in os.environ['PATH_INFO'].

Agreed.  If you want contextual information included in the URL
independent of form submissions (whether GET or POST), using PATH_INFO
is a far superior way of doing it, since it's orthogonal to QUERY_STRING
(or the POST data from stdin).

/  \ It's like being on a diving board that you know is too high.
\__/ Sade Adu
    Kepler's laws / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/kepler/
 A proof of Kepler's laws.