Why Python?

laotseu bdesth at nospam.free.fr
Fri Sep 6 02:49:25 CEST 2002

Roy Smith wrote:
> Laotseu <bdesth at free.fr> wrote:
>>Now you should *also* learn other languages. But you'd better go with
>>a lo level languages and a functionnal one - C and Lisp could be good
> I guess it depends on why you're learning languages.  If you're
> learning languages to get a paying job as a programmer, lisp would be
> a horrible choice.  If you're learning languages to study computer
> science, lisp is looking a lot better.

Learning Lisp means learning functionnal programming and object oriented
Learning C means learning real low level imperative programming.

These two languages complements each other IMHO. I think once you know
them both, you know *how* to program, whatever the language you have to use.

my 2 cents...

The Old Master Said :
"Lisp is worth learning, whatever the reason."