watching mutables?

Michael Stenner mstenner at phy.duke.edu
Fri Sep 27 17:39:11 EDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 11:12:05PM +0200, Anton Vredegoor wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:06:41 +0200, "Thomas Heller"
> >Here's what seems to be available:
> >http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/downloads/
> >and this is obviously where the EventObject is contained in:
> >http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/downloads/EditObj-0.3.tar.gz
>
> Very interesting module. I might add that windows doesn't seem to like
> the .cfg file so this should be moved to some other place before
> installing with 'python setup.py install'.
>
> But...
>
> I specifically asked for something that doesn't touch the original
> object. In eventobj.py's docstring there is the following warning:
>
> <warning>
> Caution : As event management is performed by changing the class of
> the instance, you use eventobj with critical objects at your own
> risk... !
> </warning>
>
> So, with a lot of thanks for the results sofar ...
>
> Is it possible?

Just to be clear, it doesn't so much affect the original object, but
rather REPLACES the class before the object ever gets created.  If
this isn't satisfactory, then I think you're going to need to modify
the python interpreter.
					-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner at phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305